Life is not to be taken for granted.
Ikhlas - Purity (of faith)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
" Say: He is God, The One and Only
God the Eternal, Absolute
He begetteth not, Nor is He begotten
And there is none Like unto Him" .........................Translation A Yusuf Ali


Thursday 28 February 2013

When you are sick.........................

Subhanallah.......we never value our selves until ALLAH test you with sickness.  I was down for 3 days with a very bad sore throat, an aching body and a throbbing headache that would not go away, even after taking the medicine. The pain of the throbbing headache ..............that no words could describe.
We always think that it is us, me and I, that decides or make us what we are. But when you are sick, only then you realise that there is a greater hand that actually decides who, what or how you are going to feel.
My hubby always tells me, that a person will only remember ALLAH especially so when they are sick.
Yeap, when you are hurt, in pain, your mouth can't seem to stop uttering ALLAH, ALLAH, ALLAH. I actually thought that may be....it was time...Astagfirullahalazim.....

I remembered when i was diagnosed as having hole in the heart - ASD (arterial septicall defect), i was so scared. Thoughts of dying kept haunting me. I was not ready to die yet, i'm still young!! Only old people die (that was what i thiought back then in 1984. Then as the years progress, i went to college, i was hungry to learn about Islam. I remember reading the "Muslimah", it was then sold by 'kakak Arqam - those wearing purdah then' in ITM. ( Back then it was ITM not UITM). That was a really good magazine then on being a good muslimah, a good wife and daughter. I actually learned alot then. Back then there was not many 'pengajian' like now. I was never been invited to the kakak-kakak's usrah ( ha...ha....ha.....maybe because i was very secular then ie free hair and all).

Then when i got married.......and after i was confirmed i was carrying my son, i made tahajjud every night, making duaa that Allah SWT will extend my life, at least to see till my son grow up and can be independent. Alhamdulillah......Allah SWT qabul my duaa. Now, asking Allah SWT again, subhanallah........we as human are soo weak, and forever asking from the Almighty......Ya ALLAH.........

Then you realize the greatness of Almighty ALLAH. When in pain....you will remember that it is ALLAH that gives you the pain, and only ALLAH can cure you." Wa iza maridtu, fahuwa yashfin.....surah A Syu'ara':80."

Now, today syukur Alhamdulillah, am back to being me again. Busy with the normal daily routine as wonder woman........Alhamdulillah, ALLAH has given me back my health. "Syukurilah nikmat sehat sebelum sakit.". How very true of that saying.

The song if have inserted by Wali Band from Indonesia, fully says it all. (Actually i wanted to put in TOBAT by Wali Band, but it says the video space is too small - it's my princess favourite). When i was sick, she kept playing that i.e she searched by herself in You Tube via my iphone. Macam ada message aje...... She is such an angel, she just sits next to me.....well , that's another story for me to write, later. Enjoy the nasyid.

3 comments:

  1. Its not only when one is sick we remember Allah but also when one is blessed with wealth and all the good things life offered. Yes do write about the little angel who has brought much joy to the family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True we remember ALLAH all the time especially so when blessed with wealth and all good things. But it is more so when you are sick. Alot of people, little that they realise that when they are blessed with wealth then tend to forget ALLAH. But when they are sick ie rasa sakitnya...."Allah, Allah,sakitnye ..." (Ni my personal observation la...i am sorry if i hurt anyone feelings". And chapter on my angel, In Shaa Allah, coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Hello Hans, Hipe you better now.
    Saya mengambil peluang ini untuk mengucapkan Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri kepada semua rakan saya di Malaysia dan di mana jua anda bearada. Selamat sejahtera kepada anda sekeluarga.
    Semadikan satu lagu dalam hati mu dan semoga sentiasa ceria.
    Teman mu dari Canada.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete