Life is not to be taken for granted.
Ikhlas - Purity (of faith)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
" Say: He is God, The One and Only
God the Eternal, Absolute
He begetteth not, Nor is He begotten
And there is none Like unto Him" .........................Translation A Yusuf Ali


Friday 15 February 2013

A Temporary Gift

She was beautiful. She arrived just after Asar. Ya Allah.....just can't believe it, another beautiful girl. She is one year's old. Her eyes was big and round with long and curly eyelashes. She was so trusting. Although she has never met me before, but she came easily to me.
I just cannot comprehend, how some people can just leave their babies to other people. They are so innocent. Not knowing anything and ever so trusting. All it took for a man and a woman just a few minutes of lust to create such a beautiful child. Then when the baby comes into the world, just leave them behind or in some cases throw them over the balcony???!! without any feelings of guilt. And i just cannot understand how the grandparents (of the baby), just because of shame to society, could make their daughter leave the baby at the hospitals or orphanages. They should be ashamed to ALLAH. Take responsibility. Check yourselves first as to why your daughter resort to such behaviour. It is you, as parents that have made the mistakes, mistake with ALLAH.
Anyway, back to my girl, she was given the name Nur Solehah Maisarah. Such a beautiful name. I have always dreamed of having a baby girl with the name of Maisarah.
But at last, she is only on a short loan by ALLAH. Our family had the pleasure of taking care of her for only 23 days, while her guardian went to do umrah and prepare for the wedding of their son in Indonesia. But those 23 days was full of emotions and ups and downs. It was more difficult to take care of a grown baby, as she already had her emotions and had learned things while at the welfare home. She really tested my patience. To my shame, i actually lost my patience with her. Ooh, that was a big trial of my iman.
 Everybody that meets her, just loves her. She is so loving. She will give her cheeky smile (especially to guys.......hmmm at 1 year old???) and ask to be carried. She even sleeps on Abi's chest.  Even Atok and Nani loves her. Unbelievably my sister too, was upset when she heard she is going back to her guardian.
No words can describe my feelings when her guardian came to pick her up. I thought I would be happy to see her go,no more waking up in the middle of the night to make her milk, no more wailing screams....... but in actuality, i miss her very much. Her cries and laughter and how she followed me even to the toilet door.
Alhamdulillah, thank you to the guardians for having trust in my family to take care of her. She will always have a special place in my heart. Ya ALLAH, please make her a good muslimah. Make her grow with iman and true to her name a solehah muslimah. Give her love where ever she goes and make her a patience person. And have a place for her in Jannah.

*Footnote:  To all, please make doa for her (Nur Soleha) as I did not write earlier, she also has a hole in the heart - known as ASD.  In Shaa Allah, she will be going for an operation later this year.  Hopefully, we will be able to raise the funds she needs and soon too. I will update all when the time is nearer. Jazakallah to all,  for taking time to read my blog and for giving a doa (a prayer for my girl), Only ALLAH can reward all of you. Aamiin.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I thought she's for keeps...Ngoh ingat lg how she meraung when she fell down but she is a very amiable baby and can understand your attachment to Nor Solehah Maisarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita, you are always lovable and caring since small, you care about your sisters and even for your cousin Katie. I still remember you coming home from the merdeka day march rehearsal and put a hat into your satchel. This is for Katie ( who is also rehearsing there for her boarding school,sekolah kolam air) she doesn't have a hat, its hot on the padang. Your have a big heart Nita!You love love withour caring whether its returned or not. I love you dear Niece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ngoh. Although i knew she is not for keeps from day 1, but i had secretly hoped she would be permanent. No matter, Alhamdulillah, Allah still gave me a chance to love her unconditionally, irregardless how or who she is.

    TEH,jazakallah. I love you too. Honestly, i did not remember the incident of the hat. Thank you.

    To all, please make doa for her as I did not write earlier, she also has a hole in heart - known as ASD. In Shaa Allah, she will be going for an operation later this year. Hopefully, we will be able to raise the funds she needs and soon too. I will update all when the time is nearer. Jazakallah to all for taking time to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete